Do You Qualify?
Would you like to live in a simple, decent, affordable home?
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF HERNANDO COUNTY WILL ACCEPT AN APPLICATION FROM YOU IF YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS.
- You are currently living in sub-standard, crowded or temporary housing.
- You can’t get a government or bank loan.
- You have sufficient income to repay the Habitat NO INTEREST mortgage.
- You agree to partner with Habitat for Humanity.
- You have lived or worked in Hernando County for the past 12 months.
- You have 12 months continuous employment.
- You are not on parole or probation.
- You are not a registered sex offender, sexual predator or convicted drug dealer.
- Your debt to Income ratio is not more than 40%.
- You meet the financial requirements.
Families often need a home because their current housing isn't viable. It may be overcrowded, too expensive, structurally unsound, or located in a dangerous neighborhood.
Ability to pay.
You must be able to afford a monthly mortgage payment. See the chart below for some guidelines.
Willingness to partner.
Habitat homeowners work on their own homes as well as homes for others.
General Financial Requirement
Habitat follows HUD Equal Housing non-discrimination guidelines.
Homes built under this program are 1070 square feet, 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath.
These numbers are subject to change.
Applicants who feel they qualify should fill out the online Homeownership Initial Application Form