Do You Qualify?
Would you like to live in a simple, decent, affordable home?
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF HERNANDO COUNTY WILL ACCEPT AN APPLICATION FROM YOU IF YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS.
- You are currently living in sub-standard, crowded or temporary housing.
- You can’t get a government or bank loan.
- You have sufficient income to repay the Habitat NO INTEREST mortgage.
- You agree to partner with Habitat for Humanity.
- You have lived or worked in Hernando County for the past 12 months.
- You have 12 months continuous employment.
- You are not on parole or probation.
- You are not a registered sex offender, sexual predator or convicted drug dealer.
- Your debt to Income ratio is not more than 40%.
- You meet the financial requirements.
Families often need a home because their current housing isn't viable. It may be overcrowded, too expensive, structurally unsound, or located in a dangerous neighborhood.
Ability to pay.
You must be able to afford a monthly mortgage payment. See the chart below for some guidelines.
Willingness to partner.
Habitat homeowners work on their own homes as well as homes for others.
General Financial Requirement
|Family Size||Minimum Income (Monthly)||Maximum Income (Monthly)|
Habitat follows HUD Equal Housing non-discrimination guidelines.
Homes built under this program are:
970 square feet, 2 bedroom 2 bath
1070 square feet, 3 bedroom 2 bath
1170 square feet, 4 bedroom 2 bath
These numbers are subject to change.
Applicants who feel they qualify should fill out the online Homeownership Initial Application Form